Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Jeb Bush: Crist was wrong on stimulus

Former Gov. Jeb Bush has stayed officially neutral in the battle for the Republican Senate nomination between Gov. Charlie Crist and former Florida House Speaker Marco Rubio.

But when it comes to one of the major issues so far in the campaign - Crist's support for President Barack Obama's stimulus program, complete with awkward man-hug - Bush has taken a clear-cut position:

Crist was wrong.

The St. Petersburg Times' Adam Smith found the money quote in an interview Bush did with Newsmax.com:
Gov Crist is a talented guy. He's about the nicest person I ever met in politics. But there's one thing he's done that I just find unforgivable. That I'm aware of he is the only statewide political leader that embraced the stimulus package when Republicans were fighting to suggest an alternative. ... He did it the day before the vote, it was a mistake, and then he denies that he would have supported the bill. I know I'm supposed to be politically correct and I said I was neutral and all that (but) I got a problem with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment